Thursday, October 4, 2012

July 2012 Testimony

Testimony of Angela Hunsaker
Relief Society President

My testimony is that I know God is a being with whom we are each allowed the privilege of a relationship.  When I nurture my relationship with Him, promises and covenants I have made actually do become true.  Because I am familiar with how I feel when He is near me (through the Holy Ghost), and because I want that feeling as often as possible, I have an easier time making right choices. I know His Son, Jesus Christ, performed the ultimate proxy sacrifice for each of us; and that when I repent, I truly feel different and cleansed. I know that any person set apart by the power of the priesthood has power given to them from God to protect and serve and guide His children. President Thomas S. Monson has that power for all the world at this very moment. Bishop Jamison holds that power for our ward, and righteous parents hold that power for their families. We are not left alone to navigate this life. There is more to come after this life, and this Gospel unlocks the very best of God's blessing to us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: