Thursday, October 4, 2012

September 2012 Testimony


Testimony of Matt Shannon
Elders Quorom President
Years ago when I was serving in the Russia Novosibirsk Mission we were fortunate to have a visit from President Neuenschwander, then the President of the Europe East area. President Neuenschwander asked us a simple, yet interesting question. "What does missionary work entail? Why are you here?" The typical answers were given. To bring people to Christ, to baptize, etc... As I sat and pondered his question a thought came to me. I answered, to establish the church. He smiled at me and repeated my answer so all were sure to hear. That experience taught me that a missionary of the Lord has many responsibilities. To put it simply, to do anything the Lord requires in building his kingdom on the Earth. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we are all missionaries and share this great responsibility of establishing the Church, even here in Utah. I know that as we serve in the Church the Lord will bless us, our families, and our ward. In doing our home and visiting teaching we help strengthen the foundation of our ward. Each of us has the opportunity to serve in various callings and the Lord has challenged us to magnify those callings. By doing so we show our faith to those around us and especially to the Lord. He will bless you if you rise to his challenge. I know this to be true. I have felt his love and support throughout all of my church service. The Lord is our Savior and Redeemer. He restored this Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith. And he has entrusted it's continued growth to us. It is my prayer that we may serve diligently and earn the trust of our Heavenly Father, that the windows of heaven may be opened to us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: